With so many options to choose from in the tech space, why should you consider data analytics?
In this episode of The Analytic Mind, our Chief Content Manager, Brian Julius talks about why pursuing a career in data analytics is worth it.
He also talks about the things you’ll need to have in your toolbox in order to achieve a highly successful career in this in-demand field.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Why you should pursue a career in data
- The best thing about being a statistician is that you get to play in everyone’s backyard. – John Tukey
- Why data is the new oil
- Data analyst vs. data scientist: what’s the difference?
- Dress for the job you want, and not the job you have
- 10 things you need to have a successful data career
- Two traps to avoid: focusing on passive learning and building skills only for your current job
- There’s a lot to learn from messy, dirty data
- If you can’t communicate the results of your analysis clearly, the quality of your analysis won’t matter
- Do not talk over your audience’ heads, and do not talk down to them
- When making a portfolio, focus on the outcomes and not on the activities
- If you don’t have a portfolio, join the Enterprise DNA Power BI Challenges
- Always think of how you can create value for the people in your network
- Work with mentors and coaches, and have truth-tellers to give you the right perspective
- Why formal credentials are overrated