Are you looking to advance your analytics career? Then you won’t want to miss this episode of Analytic Mind. In it, Greg Hamper, a financial analyst, and former Marine Corps crew chief share his journey from the military to the analytics space. He’ll provide valuable tips on identifying, developing, and establishing an analytics career for maximum success. Greg will provide insight into how he used Power BI and Microsoft tools to achieve Scalable Integration Success when he was part of a team that was merging two businesses. We will outline Greg’s system in detail and provide a look into how he architected his workspace environment and coordinated across multiple business units. Don’t miss this episode of Analytic Mind to learn from Greg’s experience and unlock your analytics career!
Listen to the Episode Here: Press Play Now!
In this episode, you will learn the following:
- How Greg Hamper found his way into the analytics space from his previous career in the US Marine Corps
- The challenge of integrating data from different systems during a merger or acquisition
- How to develop an effective workspace environment in a large organization such as Parker Hannifin Corporation.
- 00:00 Introduction 02:28 Marine Corps to Analytics Transition
- 06:55 First Encounter with Power BI 10:00 Data Integration using Power BI, Power Query, and Excel
- 16:34 Workspace Organization in a Large Business
- 25:37 Notable Quick Wins 37:42 An insight into Greg’s journey with Power BI
- 46:47 Why Data Architecture is Important
- 49:27 Greg’s Thoughts on the Future of Power BI
- 01:05:09 Final Thoughts from Greg
- MidJourney AI – https://midjourney.com/home/?callbackUrl=%2Fapp%2F
- ChatGPT – https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
- Enterprise DNA Forum – https://forum.enterprisedna.co/
- Enterprise DNA YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy2rBgj4M1tzK-urTZ28zcA