Visualize your monthly data and assign custom colors with this dynamic, data-driven calendar visual.
The Beyondsoft Calendar visual is a calendar view that provides a single-month calendar layout that allows you to better visualize your data for each day of the selected month. It supports one date field, one measure field, and any number of tooltip fields. It offers many customization features ranging from basic formatting options like font size, color, etc, to more advanced features such as divergent data color scales, data labels, tooltips, and selection interaction.
** New in v188.8.131.52: **
- Power BI Bookmarks now supported. Get more information about Power BI bookmarks at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks.
- Fixed data colors. You can now choose between displaying your data colors as Gradient (default) or Fixed. Please review the README (https://github.com/mannymerino/bci-calendar#data-driven-colors) for instructions on how to use this in your report.
(See https://github.com/mannymerino/bci-calendar/releases for full revision history.)
Please note the following requirements and limitations with this version of the visual:
- The visual doesn’t support date hierarchies. If you are having issues viewing your data in the visual, make sure your Date Field is not displaying as “Date Hierarchy”.
- The visual will use the month/year from the first date in the selected dataset. If your dataset spans multiple months or years, the visual will only show the first month/year.
- The optimal experience for visualizing your data using this visual is when your report or page is filtered to view one month at a time. For example, using a month/year slicer or report / page level filters.
- There is a known issue when using a “Date/Time” (versus “Date”) for your Date Field. As a workaround, it is suggested that you use a Date column from your data set, or create a calculated Date column if need be.
This is an open source visual.
- Get the code from GitHub: https://github.com/mannymerino/bci-calendar.
- Get support from https://github.com/mannymerino/bci-calendar/wiki/Support
When this add-in is used, it
- Can read and make changes to your document
- Can send data over the Internet